www.modeler-forum.com

CONSIDEO - FORUM
It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024, 16:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Fuzzy cognitive mapping?
PostPosted: Thu 29. Sep 2011, 17:39 

Hello all,
I had submitted a topic but it seems that it did not work.. so here it is again.
I am Gregoire Leclerc, a Canadian working for the French CIRAD (www.cirad.fr) based in Senegal and moving to Costa Rica soon, where I will do some qualitative modelling. I have learned about Consideo from a link by Stenum.
I have tried Consideo modeller and find it quite impressive. It would be very easy, though, to add dynamic modelling to the qualitative model by using the tricks of Fuzzy Cognitive Mapping. So we could explore the dynamics without having to specify the quantitative model. Another thing that would be neat would be to add some network analysis features or to produce files that e.g. Pajek coule read. I am wondering if FCM is something that is in the pipe for Consideo Modeller... or if there is some scientific reason for not doing so...
Thanks in advance for your reply(ies)!
Grégoire

PostPosted: Thu 29. Sep 2011, 23:22 
Administrator

Hi

we think that our insight-matrix is very similar to FCM and while our classical modus is quite unique the new modi of simulation run quantitative impulses through the model that could be easily reconstructed.
Is there any added value from FCM missing?

Regards

Kai

Consideo

PostPosted: Fri 30. Sep 2011, 21:05 

Hi Kai, thanks for your reply. I aggree that your way of handling qualitative and quantitative in parralle is very elegant, I like it a lot. The good thing about FCM is that you can do simulations based on the qualitative weitghs, using squashing functions. I can send you a file about that. You have 99% already done, it would be easy to add this functionality (and useful to me!). So no need to specify a quantitative model, which can be tedious. You can download an excel file at: http://goo.gl/v7PXh to see by yourself how it is done.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Oct 2011, 13:44 
Administrator

Hello Grégoire

Unfortunately I am not an expert on FCM - but as I understand it you can use look-up tables for squashing functions as you should also be able to directly form them by use of the time() function. If any mathematical function is missing please let us know.

Happy modeling

Kai

Consideo