www.modeler-forum.com

CONSIDEO - FORUM
It is currently Mon 13. May 2024, 22:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Some basic questions
PostPosted: Thu 16. Sep 2010, 19:52 

Hi
1. Is there a technical manual available similar to the Stella technical manual that goes into more details on how to tweak the models etc?
2. How do I create a non-negative level (stock in stella)?
3. Using the pulse function, In stella you have the following function pulse (volume, first time, interval), i.e. how much, at what time and at what interval. In Consideo it is pulse (volume, duration). Is the interval not part of the pulse function? (how would you do it otherwise?).
4. Are there functions that are similar to the function conveyor, oven and queues in Stella?

regards
Hvh

Post subject: Re: Some basic questions
PostPosted: Fri 17. Sep 2010, 09:03 
Administrator

Hi Hvh

there is no in-depth manual for the MODELER. We hope to establish our forum for this purpose and encourage everyone to contribute also papers with tipps and tricks.

A stock you can make any factor via its context menu. To prevent a stock from becoming negative you should use an if() formula with the flow: if stock minus flow >= 0 then flow else 0 for example.

For the pulse() function I have attached a model-example. What exactly do you need, what are you going to model? With these additional information I can answer your last question on ovens and conveyors, too. They are tricky and not always working properly in Stella. We have build ovens by the use of stocks and flows for some process models. So I am quite sure that we can also handle your challenge.

Looking forward on your example

Kai

Attachments:
PulseDemo.cons [10.66 KiB]
Downloaded 773 times

Consideo